Support our sponsor: MVH Sports Medicine
HAUNTED CLASSIC SOCCER TOURNAMENT
P.O. Box 341530
Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
REGISTRATION AND TEAM ELIGIBILITY:
Coaches/Admins must bring the following:
1. 2 copies of team roster – signed and stamped
2. Liability release
3. Player and Coaches Cards
4. Concussion Training Certificate for each carded coach
5. Travel Permits (if outside OSYSA) – IMPORTANT If your team is not in Ohio South (OSYSA) please make sure you have all of the necessary travel documents from your local governing soccer group. Out of state teams need to start this process early to make sure you have all of the necessary authorizations from your state USYSA governing body to allow you to travel to the Haunted Classic. This process can take several days or longer so please start this process early.
6. Guest Player Permit – approved by your state association or US Club
7. Coaches/Team Managers should have on them at all times, a copy of the team roster, liability/medical releases, player cards and coaches concussion certificates.
8. If you want a US Club player to play on a USYSA registered team you must card the US Club player as a USYSA player to your USYSA roster or use a USYSA tournament guest player card. If you want a USYSA registered player to play on a US Club team you must card the USYSA player under the US Club system.
Mail-In Registrations are to be mailed to the following address: Haunted Classic, Attn. Registrar, P.O. Box 341530, Beavercreek, Ohio 45434. Mail in registrations must be received by October 13th. The same items listed above must be copied and mailed. The player, coach and guest player cards must have both the front and the back of the cards copied as part of the documents that are mailed. Do not send your actual player, coach and guest player cards, just the front and back copies of the cards.
E-mail Registrations are to be e-mailed to one of the 6 division emails. They are as follows: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org based on player configuration (6v6, 8v8 or 11v11) and gender (boys/girls) your team is applying for. THE USE OF DOWNLOADING SITES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTABLE. The same documents listed above must be e-mailed no later than October 14th. Again, the front and back of the player, coach and guest player cards must be scanned and e-mailed along with scanned copies of the roster, travel form (if needed), guest player form (if needed) and the liability release form. PLAYER CARDS SHOULD BE SCANNED AS A GROUP (i.e. multiple cards per page). ANY FILES CONTAINING CAMERA PHOTOS OR 8X11 COPIES OF INDIVIDUAL PLAYER CARDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
When emailing, please put the following information (and only the following information) in the subject line:
1. Age Group (U11…)
3.Name of Team as listed on official roster (Celtic 01 White)
Thus, the subject line would read: U11 Boys – Celtic 01 White
Team contacts will be emailed when team registration materials are received. A subsequent email will be sent verifying that all registration materials are acceptable. We hope this flexibility provides the most convenient options to get your team registered for the Haunted Classic.
We will not have on site registration this year so all registration must be sent by mail or electronically
FOREIGN TEAMS - For a team coming from a CONCACAF nation:
1. Players must present passports at registration or, if from a nation that the United States does not require a passport, proof of entry into the United States that is required by the United States.
2. Teams are required to have and present player picture identification cards.
3. Teams must have a completed form from its Provincial or National Association approving the team’s participation in the tournament.
Concussion Awareness Training
The State of Ohio has recently passed the "Return to Play" law that mandates that youth leagues, coaches and parents have an understanding of player safety and an awareness of injuries including those related to concussions. All coaches and any administrators carded with a team are required to complete mandatory concussion awareness training prior to April 26, 2013 in order to continue to actively participate in coaching and training of youth players. For more information regarding the Return to Play please copy the link below the link below into your browser
All carded coaches participating in the Haunted Classic MUST provide proof of concussion awareness training. If you have not completed the course, copy the link below into your browser to complete the NFHS Concussion Training Course. Once you have completed the NFHS course, you will receive a certificate of completion. Please present a copy of this certificate for all carded coaches with your registration papers. Coaches without this certificate will not be allowed to participate in the Haunted Classic.
PLAYER AGE AND ELIGIBILITY:
Boys and Girls teams in separate divisions
U14 born after 7/31/01
U13 born after 7/31/02
U12 born after 7/31/03
U11 born after 7/31/04
U10 born after 7/31/05
U09 born after 7/31/06
U08 born after 7/31/07
U08, U09 and U10 teams will play 6 v 6 format.
U10 teams will also have the option of 8 v8 if enough teams register to fill these division.
U11-U12 teams will play 8 v 8 format.
U12 teams will also have the option to play 11 v 11 format if enough teams register to fill these divisions.
U13, U14/15 age groups will play 11 v 11 format.
Note: Trapped players or festival players are allowed as long as the players are on the official team roster or are guest players. Please register the team as a U-15 team so the oldest player birthdate will be accepted by the system. Typically we will combine the U14/U15 age groups since U15 teams are actually U14 teams with several trapped players.
The top division is the Orange division followed by Black, White, Blue, Red, Green and Yellow where applicable.
Team rosters will be limited to 18 players for teams playing the 11 v 11 format (other than allowed by USYSA). Team rosters will be limited to 14 players for teams playing the 8 v 8 format. Team rosters will be limited to 12 players for teams playing the 6 v 6 format. The Roster submitted at Tournament Registration will be the official Roster for the Tournament and may not be altered. A player may only play for one team.
Four (4) guest players will be allowed per team for U08-U15 teams. Guest player Rosters should be validated by your state association/country federation (if required by your association). Prior to the start of each game, the Field Marshal or Referee shall check that each team have the following: current Federation player and coaches passes.
The first team listed in the tournament program (and website) is the home team. A maximum of 3 coaches are permitted on the coaches’ side of the field. All coaches will remain within 20 yards of the centerline on their half of the field, on the side opposite of both team’s spectators. Field Marshals will communicate which side is the coaches’ side if questions arise. Spectators are not permitted behind the goals.
PLAYER CREDENTIALS AND UNIFORMS:
1. Player picture identification cards are to be present and available at all matches.
2. Identification cards are required to be checked by the Field Marshal prior to each match.
3. All shirt numbers of each player must be different.
4. If a jersey color conflict occurs, the home team must change jerseys.
LAWS OF THE GAME:
International Rules (FIFA/USSF) apply with the following exceptions:
1. Substitutes must be at the mid-field line.
2. Substitutions may be made with consent of the referee
a. After a goal by either team.
b. Before any goal kick.
c. Before a throw-in by either team provided the team taking the throw-in is making a substitution on the throw-in.
d. At the beginning of any period of play.
e. After an injury, by either team, when the referee stops play.
f. After a caution, the cautioned player may be substituted for.
3. 6v6 offsides (U8/U9/U10 only for 6 v 6 configurations) -although no offsides will be called at these levels, the referee has the discretion to call “unsporting behavior” and award an indirect kick for continued, blatant infractions. The U10 age group is a change for this in terms of using one referee and not calling offsides due to recent changes within local leagues.
Preliminary Rounds (Ball Size)
U8-U10 (6v6 and 8v8) 50 minute games (Size 4 Ball)
U11 and U12 (8v8) 50 minute games (Size 4 Ball)
U12 (11v11), U13 and U14 60 minute games (Size 5 Ball)
U8-U10 (6v6 and 8v8) 50 minute games (Size 4 Ball)
U11 and U12 (8v8) 60 minute games (Size 4 Ball)
U12 (11v11), U13 and U14 70 minute games (Size 5 Ball)
Failure to complete a match, or a team leaving the field during play, will result in forfeiture. No team that has forfeited a game will be declared a wild card or group winner. The team winning by forfeit will be awarded one goal, or remaining team will have the score recorded at the time of walk off (whichever is higher). The opponent’s score will be zero. This score will be the official score in case goal differential is necessary. The Tournament Officials reserve the right to decide all matters concerning a forfeit. A team must have 7 eligible players to start a game for 11 v 11, 5 for 8 v 8, and 4 for 6 v 6. A team will be required to forfeit if they do not have the minimum number of players 10 minutes after the scheduled start time of the match.
Scores will be posted as quickly as possible on www.hauntedclassic.com and on charts at the Complex Headquarters. Coaches should report any discrepancies to Headquarters prior to their next game. Scores are reported to Headquarters by the Field Marshal and Referee game card.
STANDARDS OF CONDUCT & DISCIPLINE:
Disciplinary action taken against a coach will be levied in the next game in which he/she coaches the team playing at the time of the original infraction, or to the next game coached if the violation occurred during the last game for that team. If additional behavior problems occur, the Directors reserve the right to levy additional discipline up to and including expulsion from the Tournament.
A. All participants in the Haunted Classic will be expected to maintain high standards of conduct during their stay in the Dayton area. These standards are expected of players, referees and other guests in the hotels and motels; keeping noise in the hallways to a minimum, refraining from kicking soccer balls inside any of the buildings and being respectful of the property of others. Should it come to the attention of the Tournament Directors that a person (or persons) has failed to observe these guidelines; the Director reserves the right to take remedial action. Said action, depending upon the circumstances, may range from a warning, a reduction in points in the standings or banning that team and/or all teams in its club from future participation in the Tournament.
B. There shall be no dissent between players and/or coaches and the referee. Questioning a referee is considered dissent. All coaches are responsible for the actions of his or her spectators, specifically verbal abuse of referees. Such abuse will not be tolerated! Violation may result in forfeiture of the game and/or expulsion from further play.
C. Any player or coach ejected from a game will be ineligible to participate in the next scheduled game (a minimum of one game suspension depending upon the severity of the offense). The player/coach pass is to be turned in to the referee headquarters immediately following the initial suspension game. If dismissed in the last game, the card will be returned to the coach unless it was for assault, fighting or spitting in which case it will be returned to the appropriate state association. Records of all dismissals will be sent to the appropriate association.
D. Any player or coach who receives an accumulation of three (3) yellow cards must sit out the next game.
E. Spectators may be ejected from the park for improper conduct, at the discretion of the tournament officials. Artificial noise makers are not permitted.
F. Any disciplinary action will be reported to the team’s governing organization and for CONCACAF teams will be reported to USSF.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH FIFA POLICY:
1. There shall be no dissent between players and/or coaches and the referee. Questioning a referee’s call is considered dissent. All coaches are urged to solicit the support of their fans in monitoring and enforcing this policy.
2. Any player or coach ejected from a game will be ineligible to participate in the next (at a minimum of one game) scheduled game. No substitution will be allowed for the ejected player.
Game Scores: The center referee will keep the official game card, which he shall receive from the designated field marshal prior to each game. The center referee shall obtain the signature of each linesman and each participating head coach at the conclusion of each game. The referee will be responsible for returning the game card to the designated field marshal at the conclusion of each game.
Standings and Tie Breaks: As follows.
1. Game Points –
A. Points will be awarded for each game in accordance with the following schedule:
1. Six points for a WIN
2. Three points for a TIE
3. Zero points for a LOSS
4. One point for a SHUT-OUT (including 0-0 game)
5. One point for each goal scored, up to three maximum, regardless of win or loss.
B. For a forfeited game, the winner will be credited with a 1-0 win and awarded eight points (six for the win, one for the goal, and one for the shut-out). A team abandoned by another team during a game will be awarded at least eight points. The results of that game shall be based on the score at the time of the abandonment.
C. Teams are allowed a maximum of 5 minutes from game time to forfeit time. NO points will be awarded if neither team shows up.
2. Tie Breaking Within A Bracket/Division Or For Wild Card Team--
In the event of a points tie, places will be determined as follows:
A. Head to head.
B. Goal differential (maximum of 5 goal difference per game).
C. Most goals scored (maximum of 5 goals per game).
D. Least goals allowed.
E. Penalty kicks.
Ties in Championship Games - Championship Games tied at the end of regulation will be decided by:
U9-12 2 x 5 minute overtime periods
U13-U14 2 x 10 minute overtime periods
If the games are still tied at the end of the overtime periods, they will be decided by penalty kicks (FIFA Laws of the Game).
KICKS FROM THE PENALTY MARK:
Only players on the field at the end of the second overtime period will be eligible for Kicks from the Penalty Mark. Coin flip will determine who will go first, visiting team calls. Five kickers per team, alternating kicks per team. The most goals scored after five kicks for each team wins the game. If the score remains tied, teams will alternate shooters until there is an unmatched goal between the teams. After all eligible players on the field of play have taken kicks, teams will start with their first kickers again and in the same order.
Protests must be presented in writing to the tournament site headquarters (one will be at each site) within 30 minutes of completion of the game and must be accompanied by a fee of $100 in cash. Referee judgment will NOT be a basis for protest. Coaches wishing to file a protest shall notify the referee of this intention as soon as possible, but not later than 5 minutes after the conclusion of the game in question. The Protest Committee’s decision is final.
1. Shin guards are mandatory and must be covered by a sock.
2. No cutoffs under or in lieu of uniform shorts are allowed.
3. Shirts/jerseys will be tucked into players shorts at all times.
4. Hard casts are not permitted. Soft casts are permitted with the permission of the Referee.
If the Tournament is cancelled due to events beyond the control of the Tournament Committee, the Tournament will not be required to make any financial remuneration.
1. Coaches are required to bring player cards and medical release forms to every game.
2. If a game is temporarily suspended due to weather problems, field conditions or other situations beyond the tournament’s control, each team involved must check with their site’s tournament headquarters for further instructions. Games interrupted in the first half: (a) if time permits, play the full game to completion, (b) if time permits, play to completion of at least the first half and record the score as complete. In the event of bad weather, it may be necessary for the Tournament Committee to change the length of games.
3. The tournament’s co-directors’ interpretation of the foregoing rules/regulations shall be final.
4. The tournament’s co-directors reserve the right to decide on all matters pertaining to the Haunted Classic.
5. The Haunted Classic will supply game balls for all Tournament matches.
6. Rosters are frozen at registration.
7. Pets are not allowed at the fields.
P.O. Box 341530, Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
Content on this site is ©Copyright 1999-2015 Rivershark, Inc. except where noted. You may make printouts or transmit via email copies of the games, photos, etc. for personal use. No commercial use is authorized. The "floating ball dot-com" is a trademark of Rivershark, Inc., Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
If you are interested in having tourneycentral.com produce your
tournament, check us out here.